Back to school and work after the holidays, everything back in full swing.
I think that this time of year has definite parallels with the feel of January in terms of that back to normal day to day life after a more relaxing time as well.
So its time to pull up your sleeves and get busy!
Here are some ideas and help on things to do in September, to make the most of the month and make it count.
So – what things can you do in September?
Theres no point in fighting things this month.
You may be thinking back to the holidays, but they are now gone and its time to get back into the swing of things.
And what better way of doing so than getting a little more organised!
With the children at school, theres plenty of reasons why getting more organised at home would be beneficial:-
- Everyone knows their schedule
- Everyone kows their chores and responsibilities
- Everyone knows where things are around the house
- Less stress and hassle for you!
It quite simply makes everyones day run more smoothly if your home is organised, and thats where I propose to start this month.
In the home.
Why not tackle the key areas that really count at this time of year, and see the difference it makes.
Whatever your needs are, write down one project a week for the next four weeks (use the following list as inspiration), and transform your home.
TIP – Add each task to your diary and give it some time allocation – as its much more likely that you will do it then rather than simply leave it at the top of the TO DO list until you find the time (which never comes!)
And of course, let me know how you go.
- Create a place in the hallway for everyones coats/shoes/school bags – a hook per person and a basket for bits works really well
- Create a homework area for the kids thats quiet enough but so that you can keep an eye on them and help them
- Write a weekly schedule and keep it in a visible place (such as the kitchen) so that everyone can see whats going on at a glance
- Create new habits – start by having an evening and morning routine so that things run more smoothly (i.e. getting clothes ready the night before to avoid unnecessary stress in the morning)
- Create a plan of goals to acheieve by the end of the year. 3-4 months (depending on whether you count December as a month that you can get stuff done, or just for Christmas related things) is a good amount of time to really tackle a project – so split it up into smaller chunks and GET THEM IN THE DIARY. You are much more likely to be able to do them that way.
- Create a snack bin of healthy snacks for you and the kids – so you are more likely to munch on good stuff
- Get the house checked over ready for the winter. It may seem early but people like plumbers get booked up in the autumn for things like boiler checks etc… so its worth staying a little ahead of the game. Check things like the smoke alarm, CO2 detector, boiler, and the outside stuff like cleaning the drains and guttering ready for the bad weather. You’ll feel so much happier once you know you are ready for the winter!
- Get some dates booked in for the coming months – see friends, family, have a date night, a holiday maybe for October half term, etc…. – have things to look forward to as the nights get darker and colder.
Think of what needs to be done in your home, and tick off at least 4 by the end of September. You will feel great for having done them.
2013 Diary Printout
Here is a print out diary for you – which can be added to a normal ring binder or into a filofax system, which I personally use. I find that it works really well to have spaces to add in birthday/anniversary and other event reminders, TO DOs and a diary with times in so you can see at a glance where you have free time (if any!)
What TO DO in September – Monthly Checklist
(I suggest printing it out and working through at the end of August so that you are ready to go).
Other things to do in September
- Get the garden ready for the winter – pack away the furniture (wash it all down so its clean for next year), and the childrens toys.
- Birthstone = Sapphire
- Flower = Aster
- Zodiac Signs = Virgo August 23rd to September 22nd and Libra September 23rd to October 22nd
What do you love/hate about this time of year, and what is on your “things to do in September” list?
Leave your comments at the bottom of this page as I’d love to know.
Heres to a very busy and fruitful September – Enjoy!
and as always, make this month really count for you…..