I wanted to share a fantastic infographic that I was sent the other day, and it’s all about how to simplify your life – the perfect theme for this blog!
I talk a lot on this site about making life easier and how many benefits it has when you do. You are less stressed, more productive, happier and a whole variety of other great things.
Who wouldn’t want a simpler life?
I like this infographic for the fact that it focuses on 4 different aspects of life – Mind, Work life, Home and Relationships.
All are important parts of life, and there are some great tips for each area.
Take a look and see what you think…
I’m fascinated – what area of your life did the infographic say you needed to simplify most?
For me, it was my mind.
No real surprise here – my husband has even bought me a book called “Women who think too much**”.
It was bought with his tongue firmly in cheek, but says it all really!
So – for the next few weeks that’s what I’m going to focus on. Making my mind less cluttered and feeling less overwhelmed by everything going on in my head.
Sounds lovely, actually!
WANT MORE HELP TO SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE?
What I’d like to do as an extra bit of inspiration for you, is to go through each area from the infographic, and go through the tips given.
There are lots of articles I’ve written on Organise My House that go into these tips in more depth, so I’ll link to those wherever possible.
This will hopefully give you that little bit more reading based on what category you’re most interested in – and I hope it helps!
Here goes: –
SIMPLIFY YOUR RELATIONSHIPS
- Write a list of pros and cons of negative relationships and set boundaries
- Write a list of supportive people in your life and reach out to them
- Schedule time in your calendar to call friends and family
Related post – Take a look at all aspects of the SOCIAL side of your life with THIS POST – lots of tips and advice on all things relationship related right there!
SIMPLIFY YOUR WORK LIFE
- List everything you need to do – pick the 3 most important and do them first – Related posts – What is the 6 List and how can it help you? and Have you eaten your frog today?
- If you can finish something in 2 minutes – do it right away – Related post – Use the 2 minute rule
- Start saying NO to extra work when you don’t have the time
SIMPLIFY YOUR HOME
- Choose items you want to keep and discard the rest – Related post – How to declutter successfully
- Organise your home by category, not by room – Related post – How to create a home that works for you
- Wait 4 days to buy something after you see it – Related post – The 2 week buying rule (a little more time given, but the same idea!)
SIMPLIFY YOUR MIND
- Take a short walk in the mornings or evenings
- Write down three things that went well every evening and explain why – Related post – How to create a balanced life
- Download “headspace” and practise a guided meditation 10 minutes a day
What are are you going to start with?
I’d love to know, so please leave a comment below – it’s always a good idea to write it down as well as you are more likely to take action.
Good luck with whatever you decide to simplify your life with – and for another great trick to help simplify life, why not take a look at THIS POST.