Today I was watching Mary Poppins with my 3 year old daughter – its one of her favourites at the moment – when inspiration hit.
Its so true that you can find a gem of an idea in the weirdest places.
Mary Poppins said:-
“In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun, you find the fun and SNAP that jobs a game!”
Now, this can really apply to organising.
It’s classed as a chore to most of us, but something that does need to be done, and all we need to find is the fun in the job and it becomes less boring!
This is why so many professional organisers are keen on clients rewarding themselves for each part of the organising that they do.
Rewards for a job well done!
Here are some great ways that you can reward yourself, so why not set yourself an organising goal right now (either for a small or large task), and give yourself the promise of one of these rewards when you finish – it will make the job so much easier to complete!
After all – we all deserve a pat on the back for a job well done every so often!
- A magazine and a coffee in peace and quiet for half an hour
- A lazy lie in
- A bath with a good book and a relaxing bath foam / candle
- A holiday – or simply some time away from everyday life
- A meal out
- A glass of wine
- Listening to a favourite album
- Watching a film
- Watching a TV programme you have been meaning to watch for ages
- A long walk
- Going to a concert or the theatre
- An exercise class
- Starting a new hobby that you have always wanted to do (you have more time now!)
- Taking up a new sport
- A night class, or an evening out with friends
- Delegating a task – a cleaner could be just what you need now you are back in control of things – work out whats important for you to do and what your time is worth
The list is endless…………….
I am going to reward myself more for my organising tasks in my own home, I can definitely say it makes life more pleasurable!
My question to you is, what do you to to reward yourself? Please let me know in the comments below…