It’s sometimes really hard to get started on decluttering your home – and starting with some “quick wins” can really get you motivated to continue.
Here is my list of 101 items to get rid of around your home, and in your life, today that I promise you won’t even miss, let alone regret!
My challenge to you is to see how many of these 101 things you can find walking around your home right now – leave a comment below as I’d love to know!
1. Spare buttons from clothes that you are keeping”just in case”
3. Anything in your home that you look at and don’t like
4. Clothes that don’t fit (why not use my wardrobe declutter series to help!)
5. Books you have never read
6. Books you have read and have no intention of reading again
7. Old magazines
8. Anything that you can get the same information easily again online
9. Anything broken
10. Old bedding in the bottom of your linen cupboard that you never use
11. Baby items if you have finished having babies and your family is complete
12. Chipped or cracked crockery
13. Out of date food in the cupboards
14. Half finished craft projects that are never going to be completed
15. Toiletries you will never use (e.g hand cream/foot cream etc… from a set you got at Christmas)
16. Pens that don’t work any longer
17. 90% of what is in the loft! (most of which you will have forgotten about!)
18. Anything that you didn’t remember was there!
19. Large items that take up too much room and could be borrowed if you ever need again
20. Anything that makes you feel sad or guilty when you look at it
21. Clothes that don’t suit your style any longer
22. Games/jigsaws where some of the pieces are missing
23. Chargers for phones you no longer own
24. Kitchen gadgets you never use (ice cream maker was one I had and never used!)
25. Artwork that doesn’t make you happy
26. Anything that doesn’t work as well as it should (bedding that doesn’t quite fit etc…)
27. Any earrings that don’t have their partner
28. Any shoes that don’t have their partner
29. Most manuals for items you buy (you can find all the info online)
30. Scraps of wrapping paper that won’t wrap anything!
31. Anything you have a duplicate of
32. Old computers (take care to destroy the hard drive first)
33. Educational notes etc… from prior qualifications (you have the qualification now! I need to let go of my uni notes…..)
34. Any plastic carrier bags you are stockpiling (20 is probably plenty!)
35. Sports bras that have lost their hold!
36. Any mugs over the total number of people you would ever have drinking in your home in one go
37. Any glasses over the total number of people you would ever have drinking in your home in one go
38. Anything that is past it’s best in the freezer
39. Herbs and spices you never use
40. Specialist tea/coffee you never drink
41. Boxes from electronic items you have bought
42. Receipts from items you have kept and used (unless it’s the guarantee or you need to keep for accounting reasons)
43. Out of date medicines
44. Items related to hobbies you don’t do any longer
45. Socks with holes in the toes
46. Tights with ladders
47. Paint for rooms that you have since redecorated a different colour
48. Memorabilia that doesn’t hold the same value for you any longer
49. Projects you have been meaning to get around to for years but haven’t
50. Toys no longer played with
Ready for a few more? – the next 50 are waiting for you to get started on the next page….